Gymnastics News Network
By Terri Laymon
The field is set with 684 young women ready to compete at the 2017 Junior Olympic National Championships to be held May 6-7 in Indianapolis, IN. This two-day competition will highlight the countries top Level 10 Junior Olympic gymnasts, seven returning 2016 National Champions will grace the field this year hoping to recapture their reigning title.
Returning champions include:
- Carly Bauman – Chow’s Gymnastics
- Rachael Flam – Stars Gymnastics Training Center
- Abby Heiskell – Southeastern Gymnastics Center
- Amoree Lockhart – Empire Gymnastics Academy
- Rachael Lukacs – North Stars Gymnastics Academy
- Payton Richards – Aerial Gymnastics Club
- Gabryel Wilson – Olympia Gymnastics Academy
The JO National Championships includes twelve age divisions (Junior A, Junior B, Junior C, Junior D, Junior E, Junior F, Senior A, Senior B, Senior C, Senior D, Senior E and Senior F), which are separate by birth dates.
USA Gymnastics junior olympic gymnastics is divided into eight regions. The top seven gymnasts from each Regional Championships advanced to nationals. The winning regions will be determined at the conclusion of the competition. The top four all-around athletes in each age division also qualify to the 2017 Junior Olympic National Team and are invited to attend a national training camp at the USA Gymnastics National Team Training Center at the Karolyi Ranch, in Huntsville, Texas.
Source: USAG; My Meet Scores
#gnn #loveoursport #gymnastslivehere